We store IP addresses, device ID (to recognise your web browser and device), cookies, page browsing history on the site and approximate location. For registered users, we will also store username, passwords, email addresses and discussions you may have with site moderators.
Any personal information you share with us or that we collect when you use our site will be retained as long as it's needed to perform its function. We do not disclose any personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law or have your permission.
You can view the Share Your Worries website without registering. To post a question or comment on a post, you will need to become a registered member by providing a username and email address.
For registered users, we may also store the following:
a) Private messages that you send to users
2. Posting on Share Your Worries. Only your username will be displayed when you are engaged with other users on the site. However your posts are visible to search engines and can be seen by anyone on the internet. Please bear this in mind when you are posting on the site. If you are including any personally identifiable information in your post, it could lead to revealing your real life identity. We also give you non-public ways to communicate with each other in the form of direct messages.
Moderators on the site and small members of the team will be able to see your posts in conjunction with your registration details.
3. Cookies. Cookies are automatically accepted by most web browsers. It is a string of information that a website stores on a visitors device. The visitor's browser provides this information to the website each time the visitor returns. Cookies are used to identify and track visitors. They help to track how Share Your Worries is being used and users' website preferences.
4. Situations where we may have to disclose your information. If there is a possible breach of the law or if there are safeguarding reasons, we may share your personal information with public authorities without your permission.
5. Third Party Links. We may include links to third party websites, plugins or applications. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We are not responsible for their privacy statements. We would encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit once you leave Share Your Worries.
6. Business Transfers. If Share Your Worries or part of its assets becomes acquired by a third party, user information will be transferred to them. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Share Your Worries may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.