• Tiki
    I hate the way that Instagram makes me feel. Everyone always looks so amazing, but no matter what I do I can never look like them. I've done all the normal things like filters etc but it never looks as good. It makes me feel quite low.
  • Brown
    I read something only today which said that Instagram changes your self sense of worth based on the number of likes you get. This sounds to be related to what you are talking about. I think it's important to remember that you will have so many skills and qualities that can't be conveyed through photos. Focus on these positive attributes that you have instead because in the real world that is what will get you that job, friends or relationships.
  • Beth
    I don't think you're alone. I think it's important to remember that those photos aren't really real because they use all sorts of tricks to take them. Instagram is mainly all photos too, so it's rare that you'll see anything other than polished photos on there. Try to bear that in mind and try not to compare yourself to something that's not real. The chances are that when those people walk down the street, they look very similar to you or me.
  • GAD
    Start by unfollowing celebrities and people you don't know, they're pictures aren't real nor is their portrayal of their image and how they look. It's a fake benchmark for anyone to hold themselves to. Instead follow your real friends and things that inspire you.
  • J677
    There's so much more to you than how you look on Instagram. I'm taking a bit of a digital detox. I think it's good to take a break from social media sometimes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment