• ploi
    I have to do a presentation at work and am dreading it. I've never liked being the centre of attention, but I now find myself in a situation where I feel like I have no option.
  • ruby
    Don't they say that public speaking is one of the biggest fears that people have? I don't think you're alone. How bad do you feel? If it's really affecting you, could you speak to your manager and explain how you feel? Sometimes the fear of doing something can be worse than actually doing it. If you think that it might be something that you can manage, there are techniques you can use such as practising in front of the mirror. Or imagining that your audience are naked! I'm sure there are a lot of techniques out there that would help you to feel more relaxed about the task ahead. Wishing you the best of luck :)
  • Rosie
    Sometimes there are events you can go to (hobbies) which involves public speaking. That could help you to build your confidence depending on how soon you have to do the presentation. If your job involves you having to do presentations on a regular basis, it might be good to look into something like this to build your confidence.
  • Bubble
    There is quite a lot of information online on how to get better at public speaking. TED talks and other tips on YouTube.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment