• Kez
    My mum often talks about how she's struggling with money, she even goes as far as to say she might end up homeless!
    I want to help her, but she has a victim mindset and isn't very solution focused so it's hard.
    I feel torn between feeling like I should help, and feeling resentful that she's reluctant to want to help herself.
  • Ammp
    Could you tell her about how to budget, so that she feels that she is more in control of her money? I can see how it might make you feel the way you describe as you won't always be in a position to help. There needs to be a long term solution to how she deals with money. If you give her the tools to be able to do that, it sounds like it could be good for you both.
  • Vii
    Can you tell her about your financial commitments, so that she has a greater understanding of why you're not able to help? By telling her this, it might make her less reliant on you. You could instead offer to show her where she can cut back after looking at her outgoings, helping her to work towards a solution.
  • Rosie
    I'm not sure what your Mum does for a living, but you could always help her to look for another job that pays more or other ways to generate an income stream so that she feels that things are not so much of a struggle.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment