• Beth
    Am I being unfair here? I finished with my boyfriend (long story I won't go into it), but he and my Dad used to get on. They used to watch the football together etc. I've asked my Dad not to speak to him anymore and he just looked really disappointed. He says that he has my ex's number and they used to text each other. Am I wrong to ask them not to be friends anymore?
  • Pug
    There's no reason why your Dad and your ex can't be friends as long as your break up wasn't bad. I mean if he did something unforgivable I can see why you wouldn't want them to be friends. At the end of the day, they had a friendship. It seems a shame for that to end just because you're not going out anymore.
  • Boo
    I think it's a sign of maturity if you can let his friendship with your Dad not bother you and you can move on (as long as it wasn't a bad break up).
  • Vii
    It seems a shame for your Dad to lose a friendship when the issues are between you and your ex. Depending on your reasons for ending the relationship, if you feel that you can tolerate your Dad being friends with him maybe you could set some boundaries like not having him in the house etc.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment