• Elsa
    I'd love to go traveling, but to be honest the only thing holding me back is the safety aspect. I know lots of women travel by themselves, but I've been followed a few times etc and am worried in case something like that happens abroad. I'm not sure what I'd do and I would be outside my comfort zone. Is there any advice you can offer me?
  • Zizzi
    As long as you don't travel to any dangerous places you should be ok. You might want to check the Foreign Travel Government website for the latest advice on any issues affecting the countries you are thinking of visiting. That might help to put your mind at rest.
  • HiLo
    I think once you have done it, it will build your confidence and you will see that there's not much to worry about. Just don't take any unnecessary risks and I think you'll be fine.
  • GAD
    I'd love to do the same. I think I'll go on an organised group with strangers, such as those arranged via STA travel first then go on a short trip by myself and build on it. Bite sized steps is always best. Go explore!
  • Soph
    You will meet plenty of other travellers when you're out there (especially if you're staying in youth hostels). You can even pair up with others to do stuff with/go out in the evening. Of course you need to have your wits about you, but I'd say it's quite safe considering the number of females that go travelling by themselves.
  • Mina
    You can arrange to meet up with locals or travellers for a cup of tea and a chat on couchsurfing.com (it's not just for accommodation). You can choose people that you have things in common with if that makes you feel safer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment