• Aloe
    I am moving to a new city for work, having always lived close to my friends and family. I'm a bit worried about not knowing anyone. What if I don't meet anyone that I get on with and it's just work and then home? How will I even meet people? I'm not sure what to expect and am nervous that it might all go pear shaped. Then I'll be on my own having to face it all by myself.
  • Woof
    I've moved around lots! It's a great experience. Each city I've lived in has it's own vibe and I have found that the people in each place reflects this. It might seem a bit daunting now, but I'd say get into a friendly house/flat share if you haven't already. That way you will at least know people as soon as you arrive. Then you'll meet people through work and take it from there. You'll be fine. Consider it an adventure!
  • Sanna
    Get involved with lots of activities. It worked for me. There will be lots available on Meet Up or Eventbrite. I found that I met lots of like minded people from the sorts of activities I got involved in.
  • Jing
    Say yes to everything you are invited to. My friend said that worked well for her when she moved to a new place and helped her to meet lots of new people.
  • Lalala
    You could start off by doing things with the friends you meet at work. You'll then meet their friends and your friendship circle will widen.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment