• MaNa
    I have noticed lately that when I am around people who are so negative all the time, it leaves me feeling quite low. Of course I want to be a supportive friend, but sometimes their constant negativity makes me feel like I need to cheer myself after seeing them.
  • Fluffy
    Maybe do an activity together instead of what you normally do when you meet up? That way you'll be focussed on the bowling/ice skating/cinema etc instead. It might make them feel better too.
  • Ells
    Can you make them see that there is another way to be? Sometimes people are so used to being a certain way that they don't realise there is another option.
  • Rosie
    I know what you mean. If you can't avoid them maybe exercising or doing something fun after seeing them might help?
  • Taco
    Could you explore why they feel that way and offer suggestions about how to address any issues they face? Sometimes people can get stuck in a rut and everything can seem quite negative, but if they start to address what's going on that can shift their outlook generally.
  • Kayk
    There might be issues that are going on in their lives that you know nothing about which makes them come across as being negative. Perhaps you could see if there is anything they would like to talk about.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment